Tuesday, June 16, 2009

14 days and counting down - and a love story

First of all - thank you to everyone who has donated so far. People around the world have given a total of $5,000! Money raised goes to women living in poverty through Opportunity International Australia.

Debra Arkanase was kind enough to interview me about my online fundraising efforts, and the Global Dialogue Center also wrote a blog post featuring the Worldshapers eBook. David Bressler wrote a review of the eBook and Amy Jussel's Shaping Youth featured a story about women changing the world (passionistas!).

And now there are less than 14 days left to raise the remaining AUD$5,000 (that's around US$4,000) . I'm continuing to people to donate the price of a cup of coffee (or 2) using Chipin or PayPal (for Australian donations.)

Otherwise I'm asking friends to simply vote for these slides entered in a competition on SlideShare. I hope you're inspired by them! If I win I'll be donating the prize money to Opportunity International. Thanks for being part of this journey with me :)