The theme for this creative fundraising challenge is about thinking "Beyond". It's about changing your world. It's about innovation, vision and hope. And it's about making a difference.
Beyond yourself...towards the world.
Beyond the immediate...towards the possibilities.
Beyond having an idea...towards sharing it.
Beyond observing...towards participating.
Beyond poverty...towards empowerment and opportunity.
Some basic "rules":
1. Be creative. You could share a story, an opinion, your experience, a motif, a poem, a picture, a short video, a call to action, or…you decide! The idea is to share something that represents a way to think “beyond” and make a difference in the world commenting on this original post. with a link to your response
Examples of what you could write/create:
- a blog post about dreaming big
- an example of how someone made a difference by using their imagination
- an illustration about opportunity
- a photo illustrating why we need to think "beyond"
- a video montage of words and images
You have until Sunday December 21st 2008(midnight AEST) to contribute. The winner (as selected by a random draw of all entries) will receive a prize. The prize includes a personalized pack from MOO including 20 x POSTCARDS, 100 MINICARDS and 90 STICKERS valued at around $50
In addition, any DONATIONS received before 21 December will also be in a random draw for a copy of World Poverty for Dummies.
Winners will first be contacted about their prize and announced later in a follow-up post. I hope you will join in and share your thoughts about thinking "beyond" :) I will be featuring all responses on this tumblelog.
Ultimately this is all about raising AU$10,000 for a group microfinance project in the Philippines through the work of Women's Opportunity/Opportunity International Australia. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Beyond helping just one person, this project will help at least 15 women work their way out of poverty, learn new skills and impact their communities.